I thought I would write a few blogs of 2022 favourites. The first one I wanted to share is my social media reflections. In the past 3 years, my Instagram/Facebook page has been an important vehicle for bringing attention to being with my practice. I am proud of the 400+ posts that have been intentionally part of it, each written with heart, integrity and love.
I will like to share my favourite 5 –
1. “Of what use was it to be loved and lose one’s beauty and become Real if it all ended like this? And a tear, a real tear, trickled down his little shabby velvet nose and fell to the ground.” ~ Margery Williams, The Velveteen Rabbit – Read the rest here.
2. A poetic sense of where I am HERE & NOW as I reflect on processes of companioning. A spoken word piece.
3. “Feelings like disappointment, embarrassment, irritation, resentment, anger, jealousy, and fear, instead of being bad news, are actually very clear moments that teach us where it is that we’re holding back. They teach us to perk up and lean in when we feel we’d rather collapse and back away. They’re like messengers that show us, with terrifying clarity, exactly where we’re stuck. This very moment is the perfect teacher, and, lucky for us, it’s with us wherever we are.” ~ Pema Chodron. Linked here
4. Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. Truth and courage aren’t always comfortable, but they’re never weakness.”
Brené Brown. Being with tenderness can be found here.
5. Our bodies register, respond, and imaginatively communicate what it is we have seen. To move in response opens us into the feel of another’s world – as we move we sense and see more of the landscape of their lives. ~ Tuffnell & Crickmay
Hope you like my ways of being with my process and follow me @jaya.expressivearttherapist on Instagram.
Do subscribe on my blog to follow my 2022 favourite series